Traditional archery

I just saw this - Yep, started on a recurve, shot tourneys on compounds, hunted with compounds, switched back to recurves, switched to longbows and baby I'm staying here where I've been for the last 30 years! Martin ML-14 zebrawood, I make my cedar arrows, bear broadheads, my own design backquiver for hunting and my own homemade leather quiver for tourneys. Traditional has a lighter, more natural feel, and makes you want to practice!

A good friend showed me how to shoot a long bow Apache style, it really took some adjusting on my part but I did catch on and a back injury stopped my traditional shooting when I was about 32 or 33 years old. I had a Damon Howitt Hunter recurve my father gave me that was a nice bow also.

A good friend showed me how to shoot a long bow Apache style, it really took some adjusting on my part but I did catch on and a back injury stopped my traditional shooting when I was about 32 or 33 years old. I had a Damon Howitt Hunter recurve my father gave me that was a nice bow also.

You sound just like a friend I had in Maine that shot a Howitt recurve and quit beacuse of a bad back. Anyway, I shoot using the Howard Hill style.

I'll love it if it does increase interest into such a great sport!!! I've been a bow only hunter for 24 years and Trad only for 8 of those. It is my main addiction....
A pic a friend snapped of me while we were listening to a bugeling bull in Colorado 2 years ago.

Cool picture.
cool.png

I'll love it if it does increase interest into such a great sport!!! I've been a bow only hunter for 24 years and Trad only for 8 of those. It is my main addiction....
A pic a friend snapped of me while we were listening to a bugeling bull in Colorado 2 years ago.

I was brought up in Robin Hood territory and once thought that I should take up the longbow. Perhaps I didn't see the possibilities but soon found it as boring as ten pin bowling and clay pigeon shooting. Still, good for those who do enjoy it and have the skill.

Totally agree, compounds practically shoot for you will all those silly training wheels and gizmos. My dad gave me his traditional Bear recurve from the seventies and i freakin love it!!!

I've been shooting traditional archery since I was real young started on my dads bear recurve he used as a kid. I'm now using a 55lb longbow I just finished making a week ago. My bro has a compound its super easy to shoot but I think it's cheating.

Back
Top Bottom