Traditional archery

ledzepfan4evr

Hatching
8 Years
Aug 14, 2011
I wonder how much sales will increase in traditional archery after people have read the hunger games. Probably a lot cause they think it is cool. But people who have been doing it for as long as they have lived like me will be all secretly cool about it.....:)

There are always trends so who knows. I have my recurve and have shot traditional since I was knee high...and will be after this trend comes and goes. :)

Hunger games?

I wonder how much sales will increase in traditional archery after people have read the hunger games. Probably a lot cause they think it is cool. But people who have been doing it for as long as they have lived like me will be all secretly cool about it.....
smile.png

My ds has wanted to try. I have had a hard time picking something decent for him.Suggestions? I hope there won't be a huge price increase!

My son's first bow was a Browning youth compound. It had adjustable draw lenghts to acccomadate his growth. I spent over 1,000.00 on his current bow for his 18th birthday. Just bought second son a Mathews it was 700.00. I learn slowly but do learn. I started shooting bows when I was a teen.

My ds has wanted to try. I have had a hard time picking something decent for him.Suggestions? I hope there won't be a huge price increase!

I would suggest a tradtional bow over a compound, as a starter, so that you can actually learn to sight the arrow. Compounds are like learning to drive using an automatic transmission. You think that's all there is to it.

Royd is right a traditional bow teaches hand eye coordination much better. There is always the chance that instinctive shots are needed in bowhunting even with a compound, close shots at small game for example and it also is cheaper in case the kid loses interest, which I doubt they will it gets in your blood that bowhunting I know been doing it for most of my life.

I have 2 Asian style recurves, one made by Lajos Kassai of Hungary the other by his countryman Csaba Grozer. They are designed to be shot from horseback. I dabbled in horseback archery a bit but got out of it to focus more on endurance. Daughter has shown some interest in archery, so I may get a target this summer to begin teaching her.

www.horsebows.com for the styles

Back
Top Bottom