Traditional Serama

Ok so I was reading and I am assumong traditional has blue legs and American has yellow? I have 4 yellow legged and 2 blue legged Seramas. Should I not let my yellow legged rooster in with my blue legged hens?Can you show the baby chicks from a cross breed like that or not? I do not want to mix breeds if thats the case. I want my kids to be responsible with having chicks. Please let me know.

Y'all are trying soooo hard to get this bunch at each other's throats again!!!!

Back in the early 80s my brother and I were 600 miles away, on our way home from winning a field trial (4th win that year!) when we stopped at a feed store. There was a show-person there who basically told my brother that we should have "put down" this horribly inferior dog at birth. She said that it takes some intestinal fortitude to kill a puppy but, that it should be done to protect the breed! I thought my brother was gonna strangle that foolish woman right there. Instead, he walked away shaking his head. He was not quick to anger or a violent man but, if trouble is what you wanted, he'd give you ALL you wanted!

Before my brother died, he brought over a copy of the current (at that time in 2009) retriever magazine that he still continued to subscribe to. He showed me bloodline after bloodline that still carried the blood of that great old champion of his.

Every time I read all of this arguing back and forth, it reminds me of that goof-ball woman in the feed store. My brother went on to win many shows with goats, horses, and dogs. Every dog he showed was an excellent working dog that any hunter would have been proud to own.

Enjoy your birds, show em where ever they'll let you. But, cheezum peetes quit the screeching!

BTW, I'm gonna get some Seramas. I guess I'll have to find someone who hasn't read this post?

Y'all are trying soooo hard to get this bunch at each other's throats again!!!! 

Back in the early 80s my brother and I were 600 miles away, on our way home from winning a field trial (4th win that year!) when we stopped at a feed store.  There was a show-person there who basically told my brother that we should have "put down" this horribly inferior dog at birth.  She said that it takes some intestinal fortitude to kill a puppy but, that it should be done to protect the breed!  I thought my brother was gonna strangle that foolish woman right there.  Instead, he walked away shaking his head.  He was not quick to anger or a violent man but, if trouble is what you wanted, he'd give you ALL you wanted!

Before my brother died, he brought over a copy of the current (at that time in 2009) retriever magazine that he still continued to subscribe to.  He showed me bloodline after bloodline that still carried the blood of that great old champion of his. 

Every time I read all of this arguing back and forth, it reminds me of that goof-ball woman in the feed store.  My brother went on to win many shows with goats, horses, and dogs.  Every dog he showed was an excellent working dog that any hunter would have been proud to own.

Enjoy your birds, show em where ever they'll let you.  But, cheezum peetes quit the screeching!

BTW, I'm gonna get some Seramas.  I guess I'll have to find someone who hasn't read this post?    

:cd You are a breath of fresh air......All my seramas are "junk" as far as show quality goes, but to me they are all the bestest of the best! I love them all for WHO they are not how beautiful or perfect they could be.... Beauty is in the eyes and heart of the beholder...

CONGRATULATIONS to you for wanting to take the plunge and get some seramas. You will find that they are not chickens..they are little people in feather suits. :yesss: :love
P.S. Are you close to jerschex? He has a gazillion birdies to choose from......

Yes. Talked to Mr. Jerry today. What a gentlemen. Could have asked a million questions but I knew he was busy. He invited me to come see his place. That will be an honest-to-goodness treat!

Yes.  Talked to Mr. Jerry today.  What a gentlemen.  Could have asked a million questions but I knew he was busy.  He invited me to come see his place.  That will be an honest-to-goodness treat!

I AM JEALOUS now, :barnie he is like the GODFATHER of Seramas....:yesss: :weee :celebrate :woot :cd :cd Have a great time and PLEASE show us what you got from him......:fl

He is a splash pumpkin color, also called honey mustard in Serama's I think. I have a couple of his first chicks here now.

Here are the 2 hatched yesterday by the above rooster and my solid chocolate pullet (Zsa Zsa), her first ever chicks.

This is Zsa Zsa

And these are her chicks by the above rooster....I find it cool that they are so alike. Usually, I get all sorts of color in a hatch. The one standing was hatched in the morning the other that evening. They are identical in size as well as color.

Back
Top Bottom