Trailer turned coop

Smarco86

Hatching
Nov 25, 2020
Just wondering if anyone has used an old trailer for a chicken coop? I have a small single wide trailer (completely gutted) on my property that would take a lot of work and money to make livable. I have about 30 birds and no coop so figured I should use what I have.

Just wondering if anyone has used an old trailer for a chicken coop? I have a small single wide trailer (completely gutted) on my property that would take a lot of work and money to make livable. I have about 30 birds and no coop so figured I should use what I have.
I think it would make a great coop......making the flooring easy to clean would be the biggest hurdle, I think..

Lots of windows for ventilation already there! I agree with Hayley3, make the flooring something you can clean. Rip out any/all carpeting and put in linoleum or other cleanable surface. What a great idea for a nice big coop!

I can already see it now... The grow out pen in the big bedroom, the sick bay in the bathroom, the brooder in the smaller bedroom...

Got pics?
Only concern might be roof overhangs to protect ventilation(open windows).

Oh, and.... Welcome to BYC! @Smarco86
Where in this world are you located?
Climate, and time of year, is almost always a factor.
Please add your general geographical location to your profile.
It's easy to do, and then it's always there!
1606344926069.png

Back
Top Bottom