Training an Aggressive Rooster??

ChickieGirl1979

In the Brooder
Jun 26, 2016
Louisville, KY
Is there any way to train an aggressive rooster? He is approx 20 weeks old and is a bantam black laced golden Wyndotte. What he is doing is puffing out his neck feathers and jumping at whoever goes into the pen to take care of them. I'm afraid he's goi f to hurt my daughter and she loves to go in and collect eggs.

Ok, well get yourself a little squirt bottle and take it to him when he starts to act up. If he doesn't back down and continues with that behavior you need to cull him from your flock by whatever means necessary be it another home or freezer camp. I am guessing you don't use your birds for meat or you wouldn't be asking. Even bantams will feed a small family. So keep your mind open if someone is willing to serve him up, it's better than possible cock fights. Not many people will need an extra rooster.

I wouldn't let your daughter go back in there until this is resolved. Which stinks, I know how much fun it is to collect the eggs!
tongue.png

Thing is... he IS a threat to your daughter! And aggression breeds forward. Life is too short to put up with mean roosters!

Reforming a little idiot who attacks people bringing food? Not generally successful, and not safe if children are involved. Who's more important here? Send him off to someone's crock pot. Good cockrels and cocks don't challenge humans, they spend their time taking care of their flock. Mary

I will try the squirt bottle suggestion. We care about him and raised him from a fluffy chick. It breaks my heart he started doing this. He does hurt through blue jeans even! If he doesn't quit, I will have to get rid of him.

Back
Top Bottom