Training where to lay

I think I can accept the amount of space they have now that I actually calculated it. Now I just have to make sure the cockrells in with them dont fight. 😅

I would hope that fake eggs, and not letting them free range for a few days would get them trained to the nests.

Another option is to only let them free range in the afternoon, with the hope that most eggs are laid before they dash off.

Might need to sequester them.
They get along so far. It's actually interesting because one will try to mount a hen, and she doesn't cooperate, and like 3 others cockrells will show up and kick him off of her. I'm going to pretend its chivalrous.

They get along so far. It's actually interesting because one will try to mount a hen, and she doesn't cooperate, and like 3 others cockrells will show up and kick him off of her. I'm going to pretend its chivalrous.
If the other 3 don't try to mount her, I'd agree..... Chivalry.

update: I had them locked up for several days maybe a week idk. no eggs. so I'm letting them out daily again. might try again at the solstice. or if I start finding random eggs in the yard.

Back
Top Bottom