Trampled By Turkey.

MysteryChicken

Preserving Gamefowl, 1 Variety At a Time🇮🇳🇺🇸
Premium Feather Member
5 Years
May 31, 2018
Tawas City, Michigan
Hello, I have a pullet who was trampled by a BB Bronze Turkey some time yesterday, & she's in a great deal of pain.

I was wondering if I should give her a Baby aspirin, 81mg. Do I give a whole tablet, or half a tablet?

I'm gonna be ordering some tonight.

She's in a cage in the coop, with food, & water. She's with the flock, so she's not lonely. She's about 16-17 weeks old.

Last edited:
Where is she hurt? Does she have any puffy areas under the skin? Or any leg injury? I would give half of an 81 mg low dose aspirin once or twice a day, but only for 2-3 days. Longer than that can cause intestinal bleeding.
Lower back, & hip area. She's sore, & painful.

No, puffy areas surprisingly.

Okay, no longer then two, to three days.

Most chickens would only need it for a day or two. Is she able to stand and walk? Any puffy soft areas under her skin could be evidence of a leaking air-sac which can be common in blunt trauma. Hopefully she will feel better in a couple of days, but internal injury or a sprain could be possible. Make sure that she is close to food and water. Good luck.

Meloxicam can be prescribed by a vet, and can help with pain and inflammation.

Most chickens would only need it for a day or two. Is she able to stand and walk? Any puffy soft areas under her skin could be evidence of a leaking air-sac which can be common in blunt trauma. Hopefully she will feel better in a couple of days, but internal injury or a sprain could be possible. Make sure that she is close to food and water. Good luck.
She can stand with me assisting her abit, but she's unwilling to stand on her own. She has use of her leg muscles, but is very painful.

She has food, & water in front of her in the cage.

A little more detail. I found her wedged between the pallet, & the wall that's used to keep the waterer off the ground, she was cramped so tightly, I had to move the pallet to get her unstuck. So, it's obvious a Turkey trampled her. If not two.

Back
Top Bottom