Transgender Red Sex Link?

Oh sure Kev, try a social behavior experiment instead of my necropsy suggestion
lol.png

Would be interesting. I guess the OP didn't say but I had it in my mind it was a hatchery bird.

gig.gif
I understood where you were coming from though, have scientist friends who are all about dissecting, imaging, analyzing... they kill while I am all "save it!! breed it!! see what happens in their babies! get the genetics worked out!!" lol

Now for the red sex links, birds passed off as such are not so uncommon from backyarders with both production reds and red sexlinks running together- the only real difference is the sex links having dominant white. I've seen more than a few roosters with the 'red sex link' color except with the normal roo feathering sold/present in theur backyard flocks. It's obvious they are 'mixes' yet they sometimes get passed off as sex links. Shrug.

Plus this person is in a country where fighting games are common, henny feathered lines are rather common in fighting games.. not so much of a leap to imaging this sort of mix happening somewhere.

But it will be especially interesting if this bird came direct from a hatchery... (but please set those eggs to check for fertility first lol)

Last edited:
I never saw said bird mating, but maybe because I have 6 other roosters, and at least 2 are higher on pecking order.

But it is very protective. For example: if it is standing like 30 feet away, and few other birds make noise, it will run to inspect what is going on.

Back
Top Bottom