Transitioning from roofed to roofless run

Pics
I’m still trying to process your comment about the lady paving her yard so she didnt have to mow. Couldnt she have just done an english garden or something similar? Would have been cheaper too.
Obviously you dont have to answer that. ;)
Yeah, I know. She also cut down all the trees on her property, which were bordering mine and I loved them. My heart hurts thinking about the loss of greenery just from her. But she's super nice and doesn't mind the chickens, so whatever. I planted 3 new trees in that area (on my side) so, some day when they grow up, I'll have shade and greenery there again.

All I can say is I feel your pain. My family owned and operated chicken houses for decades. The property being in the family for over 100yrs. Some development company bought land next door and built a subdivision. They built right up to the property line. Many times the builders were caught trespassing and trying to use their land for access and to dump dirt and debris during the building phase. Anyways, people moved in, they got a property line inspector to come out and removed 1ft from the property line all the way around for a total of 1 acre removed. The neighbor then placed a solid 15 foot long wood fence within 9ft of one end of the chicken house. Then they called the building inspector who told them they could no longer operate that chicken house because the fence had to be at least 10ft away. It became a financial burden. That fence was obviously placed there intentionally for that purpose. If they didn't like chicken houses they should not have moved there. Some people have zero consideration for others, think they themselves are on a level above others or something sick like that.

We still kept pet chickens and pea fowl (who can be quite noisy lol). I caught the neighbors kids an older brother and younger sister in the act of breaking into that chicken house and letting their labrador mix dog chase and kill our birds. I caught them because I came home from school and heard them cheering the dog on. I chased them off with a shotgun. I was probably about 10y/o at the time, about the time when I realized what evil truly was. When their parents were confronted with my parents and the police they of course denied it.

Look into spite laws and lawyers, don't let this neighbor walk all over you. :mad: And keep a watchful eye on your birds, maybe place a camera on them if you haven't already.

I caught the neighbors kids an older brother and younger sister in the act of breaking into that chicken house and letting their labrador mix dog chase and kill our birds. I caught them because I came home from school and heard them cheering the dog on.

That's terrible! How could anyone do something like that? It's a good thing you caught them doing it though.

That's terrible! How could anyone do something like that? It's a good thing you caught them doing it though.
I never understood it and I'll never forget it, the details are pretty clear in my memory though it happened a long time ago. I came into the chicken house and their dog was killing my chickens the other chickens were running around in pure terror feathers flying everywhere and they were laughing and cheering like it was the greatest sport ever. I was 10 and these chickens were my babies. I thought the biggest threat to their survival was maybe a sneaky raccoon, not humans. We put masterlocks on the doors after that. I put them on the new coop too like almost 3 decades later because I know the depravity that people are capable of.

I never understood it and I'll never forget it, the details are pretty clear in my memory though it happened a long time ago. I came into the chicken house and their dog was killing my chickens the other chickens were running around in pure terror feathers flying everywhere and they were laughing and cheering like it was the greatest sport ever. I was 10 and these chickens were my babies. I thought the biggest threat to their survival was maybe a sneaky raccoon, not humans. We put masterlocks on the doors after that. I put them on the new coop too like almost 3 decades later because I know the depravity that people are capable of.

That's terrible. I'm sorry you had to experience that, especially at such a young age! :hugs

Beware planting anything on the 'pergola', vines can tear down structures, and trees.
....and bamboo.....
Double Beware(unless you mow it on your side and let it spread to his side<snickers>)

:confused: where all that bamboo in his yard came from....it must have come in in some dirt he brought in or a squirrel dropped a piece. :confused:

......note to OP......burn all receipts....

Back
Top Bottom