Transitioning from roofed to roofless run

Could you fashion a large table in the run abutting the coop.

Maybe make several picnic tables to go with your patio umbrellas :)

I think the wire top is a good idea--it will absolutely keep the chickens from ever flying into the neighbors yard, and it will keep things like hawks, owls, and cats from getting into the run.

Putting the umbrellas inside the run is a good idea, too. That way they cannot blow away into someone else's yard. (They could blow against the inside of the run and get damaged, so you would still want to put them away if you're expecting heavy wind, but at least they won't go anywhere.)

For fast-growing vines, a few possibilities are cucumbers, squash or pumpkins (vining type, not bush type), some varieties of tomato plants, peas or beans (the tall or climbing varieties).

For longer-lived vines, I've heard that grapes are good too.

Another crafty idea I had is that I can get a bunch of camouflage netting and stretch it vertically above the 6-foot privacy fence, to make a taller privacy wall and further block his view of the chickens (and, most importantly, block my view of HIM to stop my adrenaline level from spiking whenever I hang out with my chickens in that area).

Just how big is this ever so offensive chicken run?

I cannot imagine having so little to concern myself with in my own life that I make my neighbors my hobby.
He sounds like someone who should have moved into a gated HOA neighborhood. What a colossal jerk!
The run is 11x12 feet. I agree, he seems to have moved to the wrong neighborhood.

The run is 11x12 feet. I agree, he seems to have moved to the wrong neighborhood.

So not much size difference than a standard shed. Lol he is such a turd.

My roofed run #1 is 16x23 roughly attached to an 8x14 roofed coop. Coop #2 has a hoop run and coop 3 has a run roof 6x10 with a tiny 3x4 coop.

Soooooo glad my neighbors aren't giant jerks.

14e0a88efb33f6c775a5f1e72059300b.jpg
this plain outright pisses me off. & you should be grandfathered in because of previous contact with the town. Good luck. Was he always there? Id seriously think about moving

Was he always there? Id seriously think about moving
I've been here for 8 years and he just moved in a few months ago. He should be the one to move :mad:

Somebody just suggested I paint a giant "CHICKEN LIVES MATTER" sign on the coop wall facing his house. In bright neon paint. I have to say, I'm not above these things :lol: (for a neighbor who deserves it).

Back
Top Bottom