Transitioning from roofed to roofless run

Pics
Our 13th annual Christmastide photo Gallery is UP!! I hope you enjoy it and that it brings some cheer to everyone who visits! Here is the direct link!

https://www.thecountryladyantiques.com/products-gone.php
I finally got a chance to sit down and look through your pictures. I love love love them!!!! Your property is gorgeous! Not just the decorations, but everything. It's like a museum. Like looking at my grandma's house! I love old stuff so much. Gives me such a cozy, homey feel. That's what grandma's house looked like when I was growing up. Thank you for sharing, this really brought a lot of cheer and warmth to my heart! :love

I put up the string lights around the run yesterday. Rooster is going up today. My lighted wreath won't arrive until Friday, so I'll wait until I finish everything for the official pictures, but I'll post a sneak preview of just the rooster tonight! :D

The hen is beautiful! I love the hat. And your gingerbread coop is so cute! What a great idea. I may need to borrow it and make a gingerbread coop, too! I made a gingerbread replica of our house once. Maybe I can make one of our coop, too!
LOL, we just used the kit from TS, but we made our own royal icing. We got an extra kit. Next year we're planning on getting our own candy, making all our own icing, etc. but the kit is a cute start!

LOL, we just used the kit from TS, but we made our own royal icing. We got an extra kit. Next year we're planning on getting our own candy, making all our own icing, etc. but the kit is a cute start!
Yep, kits are useful. I love building things too much to use a kit though, haha. I want to make my own design and cut my own shapes. That's part of the fun. So I've never used a kit, but it's a good start otherwise.

I finally got a chance to sit down and look through your pictures. I love love love them!!!! Your property is gorgeous! Not just the decorations, but everything. It's like a museum. Like looking at my grandma's house! I love old stuff so much. Gives me such a cozy, homey feel. That's what grandma's house looked like when I was growing up. Thank you for sharing, this really brought a lot of cheer and warmth to my heart! :love

I put up the string lights around the run yesterday. Rooster is going up today. My lighted wreath won't arrive until Friday, so I'll wait until I finish everything for the official pictures, but I'll post a sneak preview of just the rooster tonight! :D

Oh thank you so much for the compliments! They mean so much to me! I moved alone from Illinois to NH 22 years ago after a huge tragedy in my life. I bought this little 250 year old house. It was a mess---The PITS! Ditto the yard. I had very little money. I could never afford contractors, etc., so I taught myself a lot of skills. I worked on it alone for 8 years before I met my husband Adam. We have since done a lot more together. We've done everything DIY on a tiny budget. We slowly collected the really early English antiques we love. We had to be 'in the right place at the right time' and find a REAL bargain because at most places they were far too pricey. The house was a long time labor of love! We are adding more photos to the Christmas gallery, so I hope you have time over the holiday to 'visit' again!
I can't wait to see your decorated coop!!

Oh thank you so much for the compliments! They mean so much to me! I moved alone from Illinois to NH 22 years ago after a huge tragedy in my life. I bought this little 250 year old house. It was a mess---The PITS! Ditto the yard. I had very little money. I could never afford contractors, etc., so I taught myself a lot of skills. I worked on it alone for 8 years before I met my husband Adam. We have since done a lot more together. We've done everything DIY on a tiny budget. We slowly collected the really early English antiques we love. We had to be 'in the right place at the right time' and find a REAL bargain because at most places they were far too pricey. The house was a long time labor of love! We are adding more photos to the Christmas gallery, so I hope you have time over the holiday to 'visit' again!
I can't wait to see your decorated coop!!
You've done a wonderful job! That's something I would greatly enjoy doing, if I ever had the chance. Probably won't, but who knows. I've brought a few antique items over to my house now, for sentimental reasons, but that's it. My grandparents were subsistence farmers and actually used all those objects in their lives, whether back when they were younger or when I lived with them (the house was heated with wood stoves, they worked the land by hand or with animals etc.). Some of the objects I've used myself, too! So they have extra sentimental value to me.

He’s up, in all his glory!!!

898E03BF-1E69-46A6-8D2C-78FC934EF9F7.jpeg

I’ll post more pictures once I get everything set up. The kids LOVE him! And that’s what matters.

(P.S. That’s said neighbor’s house back there 😈)

He’s up, in all his glory!!!

View attachment 2434951

I’ll post more pictures once I get everything set up. The kids LOVE him! And that’s what matters.

(P.S. That’s said neighbor’s house back there 😈)
Awww... He's just super!! The lights are perfect too. How fun!!!! So happy you put the photo up! Thanks for sharing! Please let us know IF you get any 'feedback' from Mr. Crabby, lol!

Back
Top Bottom