Trapped raccoon

Everyonce in a while there is a cute racoon in a trap. They have that working for them. But just remember their food source is our birds ! When a racoon killed my pullet that would fly up on my shoulder it became easy for me to kill them. Here is a pic for a memory of her

I don't doubt you are right. Some of us have never shot a gun, let alone shot an animal. I was not, nor may never be confident in my ability to aim correctly and get it in one shot. For you a pellet gun is a fabulous solution. For me, it was a $2.50 can if starter fluid. I don't think having a few good options to choose from for someone who is unsure enough that they are googling it is a bad idea. If I keep chickens for long enough, I might have to get comfortable with a pellet gun before trying it out on a live predator.

Ok...

But the best part is you don't have to aim, just center the barrel over one of the squares on the top of the trap. The raccoon's head will be 2 inches away, be patient and pull the trigger.

It's that simple, no practice required.

Last edited:
fortunately, we are out in the country and a .22 shot is not even noticed.

for skunks, we use acetone to keep them from spraying. It works well on everything though

google "acetone syringe dispatch pole"

fortunately, we are out in the country and a .22 shot is not even noticed.

for skunks, we use acetone to keep them from spraying.  It works well on everything though

google "acetone syringe dispatch pole"
I'm lucky to be out in the country also. Every trap that gets a chicken killer in. Get swiftly shot no questions asked.

I'm lucky to be out in the country also. Every trap that gets a chicken killer in. Get swiftly shot no questions asked.

So true...

Gunfire is part of life out here, no one even notices because it's just something that needs doing from time to time.

We don't even give it a second thought, if you happen to hear a gun go off there's a good reason.

Hell, everybody I know has their own gun range. Me included.

So true...

Gunfire is part of life out here, no one even notices because it's just something that needs doing from time to time.

We don't even give it a second thought, if you happen to hear a gun go off there's a good reason.

Hell, everybody I know has their own gun range. Me included.
Same here we have a gun range and go shoot for fun every now and then. During the weekend you here gun shots going off for miles. No one blinks an eye.

Our neighbors have a gun range and we shoot when we need to as do out neighbors. We both have farms over 200 acres. Got to love country living :)

Our neighbors have a gun range and we shoot when we need to as do out neighbors. We both have farms over 200 acres. Got to love country living :)
There's no other way to live once you've been there and lived it. I could literally shoot a deer in my boxers on my back porch if I wanted. Not saying I'm gonna do that but I just like to say I could if I wanted lol.

There's no other way to live once you've been there and lived it. I could literally shoot a deer in my boxers on my back porch if I wanted. Not saying I'm gonna do that but I just like to say I could if I wanted lol.
There's been a few times I've let my little dog out in our fenced in back yard here and I would look up to see a couple of green eyes looking back at me, wondering what in the hell is that little barking thing is all about, and if that nine pound toy Aussie is dangerous to them. They usually just wonder on when they're nearby, a little perturbed that they can't work that part of the corn stubble right now. could just about shoot them with a bow they're that close to the back porch and kinda snorting at the dog.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom