Trapping the Ghost Predator

HunterUSArmy

In the Brooder
5 Years
Jul 2, 2014
South West Georgia
So I think I ether have a raccoon or a possum killing my hens in there coop..I have lost one a night... Idk how in the world they are getting in. Anyone have any special tricks to catch them I have one live trap set already all suggestion would be awesome thanks!!

So I think I ether have a raccoon or a possum killing my hens in there coop..I have lost one a night... Idk how in the world they are getting in. Anyone have any special tricks to catch them I have one live trap set already all suggestion would be awesome thanks!!
I would set up a few game cameras so you know what it is exactly killing them so you know what bait to use, if coons or possums are getting into your coop that means other predators can get in. What kind of coop and run set up do you have for your girls? Pics would be great.
jumpy.gif

Show a picture of coop from multiple angles. We can probably figure out access point from those. Also setup up trap in where birds roost if access point not determined. Do you have an idea what path critter uses when approaching coop?

I'm betting there's a not so obvious gap somewhere in that chicken wire....some flap that could be pulled up to gain access without tearing it.

Easiest fix would be to put 1/2" hardware cloth on all the coop openings using screws and washers, and put some real doors that can be absolutely secured at night.

If I were a raccoon, then access would be through run, especially the top where is meets sides.

Place a live trap in coop door so raccoon must walk past it. Also consider hanging a sheet so only obvious access to coop is through trap.

Back
Top Bottom