Trapping thread

Pics

Roo5

Songster
Feb 17, 2019
Missouri
Thread for the people who trap predators.
Didn’t think one was on here so I made this one so people can show what they have caught and give ideas.
It’ll be my first time trapping.I have a red fox in the area that I desperately need to get rid of and I’m hoping I’ll trap it.I know how uncommon it is but I’ve been researching and have found it’s possible.I personally want to shoot it,HOWEVER,the family wants to relocate it, but I’m afraid it’ll just travel back to its original territory.We planned on taking it about an hour maybe hour and a half away more so to the city.I honestly don’t care what happens to it, as long as it’s outta of our area and gone.Any tips on trapping and relocation of animals?

Even if I don’t catch the fox I still am interested to see what I catch.

I trapped an armadillo a month or so ago. I'd been after his nasty hide for a long time for digging under my backyard fence and tearing it up! I was so happy to see him as my prisoner, bwa-ha-ha-ha-ha!! I personally wanted him shot to, but due to a squishy family member beyond my control, I had no choice but to relocate the nasty creature. I wasn't too happy about it, but I doubt he'll come back.

Trying to trap this jerk but my barn cats are idiots who apparently very much enjoy marchmallows.
HUNT0013.JPG

Lol. Had a huge grey fox go after my geese and got some of my guineas and most of my chickens. It brought some babies with it, so now I’m trying to get it and it’s babies. The family didn’t want to shoot it till it killed our sweet chickens. Then they were like kill it! lol. That sucker is smart tho. It are some of the barn cats kittens any tips how to catch it?

I wanted things to not end well for my armadillo, but nooooooooo.....somebody had to feel sorry for him. :he I can't stand pests, especially clever ones. I'm a gardener and must deal with insect pests to. There'd these big green grasshoppers that get into and eat my plants, but if I can hand-pick them, I send them to their death in the chicken coop! They're lucky to last 2 seconds in there! :gig

I have a cage trap, which worked on my armadillo. On any other critter it would need to be baited, like with meat for a fox or possibly corn for a raccoon. Then cover the trap up so it won't look suspicious to the stupid animals, so they'll go in and, heh-heh, not come out!

Okay the one animal I hate the most is raccoons. They’re always after my chickens ALWAYS. It seems like they kill for fun and they bring they’re family to take part in the killing. I’ve had to trap and kill 11 or so raccoons within this year and last. I’ve also had my share of fox attacks when I first got chickens but I eventually caught him in the act and that was the end for him.

Back
Top Bottom