Trapping weasel help, please!*IT CAME BACK!**

Weasels can be easily caught using a simple snap type Victor rat trap. Hang the rat trap from a fence post or the outside of your coop about 4 to 6 inches from the ground with the trigger or "cheese" end closest to the ground, so that when the trap snaps the striker bar will be coming down towards the ground. For bait wire a piece of nice bloody meat and add a couple drops of Anise. Weasels cannot resist this. Wire the bait very well to the trigger, when the weasel pulls the bait the striker bar will come down directly behind his skull and kill him quickly and humanely. Let me know if that works for you.

I know you might not want to do this, BUT, its how some folks catch bobcats and other preditors. I have never tried it. (yet) Honestly I just heard about it in the time I was chickenless.

When I had chickens before I have had a mink come and slit my chickens throats. just kill a bunch of them at one time. So I know how hard it is.

BUT, if you take a live trap, and make a small cage out of hardware cloth and put a bitty in there, in the back, They will come for it. Because of the constant noise. then you have it trapped.

There is a chance you can do it and keep the bitty alive. because you put it in hardware cloth. if not, then you sacrificed one bitty for the sake of your flock.

Not trying to sound cruel, but tough times call for tough solutions.

We found a weasel in our chicken run today. Have not lost any birds to it yet. Hoping that it's filling up on the many moles/mice we have in the area, but this thread has me scared! Redhen, did you ever catch it/kill it????

sad.png
For your dear Husband; I'm with you, long ago I had a weasel in the hen house, killed about 12 hens. In the morning it was feasting on the ground floor. My solution, get the shotgunm OK now when I aimed at him, he looked up at me and I couldn't kill it. Made many alternative solutions. Now at old age, the varmint W O N ' T have a chance, it'll be dead dead dead. and any followers. Good luck, protect the innocent.

Quote:
Hey gypsey...after seeing your pic when you posted the thread...he said he thinks it was a mink now...i'm like..ooh, can we get money for its pelt?
lau.gif
we may be on to something here...
tongue.png

Quote:
nope! we never caught the sucker!
rant.gif
i guess hubby isnt a good trapper either...
roll.png
but the last time we saw it they managed to get in a good hit with the shovel...so maybe it got the picture...
fl.gif
because a few weeks ago they did see it across our road...and they watched it and it did not try to come into the yard....then hubby said a few days ago there was something smooshed at the end of the road and it looked like the mink/weasel thing...so again....
fl.gif
fl.gif
fl.gif

Last edited:
Quote:
heehe, you need to come live here!
smile.png

LOL at least one used a shovel , one used a shot gun , stupid me goes after the marauder with a stupid broom
lau.gif

yeah not one of my brightest moments to say the least

you can
he.gif
kill it for good have you used foot traps or conibears the work good i know cuz i trap them all the time cuz thats how i make my money by traping animals and selling the hide if you nead more info ask me

Back
Top Bottom