Traumatic duck death/ other ducklings lethargic.

Limber neck is a sign of botulism. No mold anywhere in your home or around their area. Not implying you don't keep your home up, but mold could affect them and you. I am so sorry this is happening and it's so hard to figure out what it is so we can help.
No not that I know of. No mold. All though It's been so Rainey and humid here I wouldn't be surprised. I think we'll do a little investigating, around the house, but they were outside for most of the time except for night. My sister in law said she dropped feed on the ground and last we that day it was covered in mold. I'm really hoping that it's not something like that.

How are things today?
So yesterday, they seemed to be doing better, or if not better, not getting worse. I woke up this morning and they are all still alive, but one just looks like she doesn't have it in her anymore. I can barely get her to drink. This is seriously heartbreaking. I hope she makes it. She is the one in the middle
16263556353367536231025363427367.jpg

You mean going and getting older ducklings to add to these. Of course it will be fine you just have to introduce them slowly. Sometimes you can introduce and everything goes great but a lot of times it works out best to let them meet through fencing and live side by side for a week or more and let them have supervised time together. Ducks are flock critters and to them the more the merrier but it can take. Bit of time to get them there. When I introduce newbies I toss mealworms out on the ground and let everyone eat together which can help them integrate easier.

Back
Top Bottom