Treasure Coast (Florida!) Cream Legbar Hen

cowchipss

Songster
9 Years
Apr 20, 2011
I need to rehome a Cream Legbar hen that I've raised from a chick. I'm posting on BYC rather than Facebook because I'm hoping to find someone experienced who wants a unique bird to add to their flock.

I ordered her with a small batch of chicks from Meyer's Hatchery and her hatch date was August 17th. She's six months old, laying blue/green eggs the same color as my Easter Eggers, beautiful, and active. I would definitely buy this breed again but only when I have more space. I'm attempting to get back into chickens while living in a neighborhood so the flock I have is confined to coop and a run rather than free-range. She needs more space for herself and the other breeds are picking on her. I think her crest may be too different for their tastes. I'll post pictures later tonight but wanted the get the information our there. I am keeping her in a dog crate in my workshop because one hen in particular is pecking the Cream Legbar's tail feathers out. Sigh, chickens.
D.gif

Anyone on the Treasure Coast looking for an addition? (pictures to come)

I would love to take her to join my cream legbar flock of 2 hens and a roo. I'm south of Miami but willing to take a road trip. Message me if she still needs a home.
Thank you, Laura

Back
Top Bottom