Treat recipes

Discussion in 'Feeding & Watering Your Flock' started by silkielover1731, Apr 13, 2012.

1. silkielover1731

silkielover1731 Chillin' With My Peeps

okay i think it would be fun to start a treat recipe thread. i couldnt find one so why not start one???

so heres the treat my chickens love!

1/2 cup chopped up lettace(small)
    1 cup raw oatmeal
    1/2 applesauce
    1/4 peace of cheese

they go crazy for it!!!!
    have fun posting your recipes!

2. americana-lover

americana-lover Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 13, 2012
    Michigan
    usually I give my 5 Americanas this small recipe:
    1/2 cup of strawberry yogurt
    1/3 cup of food (what ever kind you feed them )
    mix it well, usually until it becomes almost solid, then I make the seed into small balls and give one to each chicken [​IMG]

Sometimes, I also mix up some ice-burg lettis, or any kind really, strawberries, small chunks of carrots, and finally topped off with their abs. favorite, dried mealworms! You can do this in any portion! [​IMG]

3. beektoria

beektoria Out Of The Brooder

Mar 1, 2009
    Everett, Wa
    I think a treat thread is a great idea!
    When I make oatmeal for breakfast, I cook enough for my (granted, only 3) hens. Since it's cooked I add some other stuff to it to make it as chicken nutritious as possible. Flax meal, sunflower seeds, raisins, chia, with a little splash of hempseed oil. My 83 year old mother gets quite a kick out of watching those girls go to town on their warm yummy treat. What is really entertaining is the yogurt or cottage cheese treat. You've got to put that down and run!! the stuff flies everywhere! [​IMG]

4. silkielover1731

silkielover1731 Chillin' With My Peeps

great recipes i will love to try them!!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by