1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

treating coccidiosis with tetricycline hydrachloride (Duramiacin 10)

Discussion in 'Emergencies / Diseases / Injuries and Cures' started by Chicken Fruit, Mar 17, 2009.

1. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    Usually its terrimyacin (or however you spell it) that TSC sells for the treatment of these things ,but now its the other, and coccidiosis isnt listed as one of the actual conditions it treats- however when i slueth around on the net about it it seems like its an acceptable substitute...

does anyone know?

2. chickenlady

chickenlady Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 28, 2007
    Stillwater, NJ
    Not sure about tetracycline, thought that was more for respiratory. I would use corid or sulmet for cocci.

3. SunAngel

SunAngel Chillin' With My Peeps

May 20, 2008
    Chambersburg, Pa.
    Thats what I have had to use, til I can get to the Feed mill tomorrow. It seems to have worked pretty good and I don't see anymore bloody poo now.

4. Chicken Fruit

Chicken Fruit Chillin' With My Peeps

Feb 25, 2009
    Echo Homestead
    I looked it up online, apparently it IS for respritory, but the the family of antibiotics and anti-wahtever it is, works the same for the cocci.

No one around here carries the other, i'd have to mail order it if i wanted it. I'll give this a day or two and see how it goes... thanks guys.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by