Treating Crop Infection with Antibiotics, What Else Can I do?

NelsonNedLover

Hatching
Apr 2, 2024
As title says, my 5 y/o Old English Bantam rooster was just diagnosed with a bacterial crop infection and was prescribed antibiotics (.018 ml of Baytril every 24 hrs for a week). I've been looking online about this infection and constantly see apple cider vinegar & probiotic yogurt being great ways to treat this (usually for yeast infections tho). Would it be wise to begin to start feeding him yogurt and ACV while taking the antibiotics? or should I wait for the treatment to end to begin with it? He has been doing regurgitation motions and they've been happening a little more/ more harder today. I just want him to get better :(

Welcome to BYC. Ask the vet about the ACV, but I can tell you that Baytril should not be given with dairy products since it can bind with the calcium and render it ineffective.

Welcome to BYC. Ask the vet about the ACV, but I can tell you that Baytril should not be given with dairy products since it can bind with the calcium and render it ineffective.
Hi! Thanks for the welcome, I've constantly read the forums here for as long as I've had my baby but for this situation I felt it necessary to make an account. I'll definitely give the vet a call about the ACV, thank you so much for the info about Baytril & dairy! I had no idea.

Back
Top Bottom