Treating eye infection

Quote:
so if you hatch them in the incubator they wont get sick? I thought it was passed on already inside the egg?

supposedly a long as they arent showing symptoms when they are laying it should be ok.ive never had trouble with any ive hatched...

Quote:
so if you hatch them in the incubator they wont get sick? I thought it was passed on already inside the egg?

supposedly a long as they arent showing symptoms when they are laying it should be ok.ive never had trouble with any ive hatched...

great info! thanks

I wouldn't count on it, don't get a false sense of security here or this whole problem may be perpetuated...

im only repeating what fellow bycers have told me,and what i experienced when i first had the problem and ive hatched many of my own eggs in the bator and never had any problems if you read all the research they say most flocks carry this and the owners dont even no because sometimes the chickens never show any signs...you could google search and read up on all the info out there and make your own decision of whats best for you and your flock..

even if most carry it, it wouldn't be fair to allow to spread to someone that doesn't have it in their flock, IMO. When you start thinking it is no big deal people tend to let their guard down and lessen up biosecurity and then spread to someone else's flock. Just wrong in my opinion. Also, the ones that think it's no big deal have it, the more they minimize it the better they feel. It is a big deal to me. I don't want to go to the feed store, handle something that someone has an infected flock, then transmit to my birds. I don't have hatchery birds, or common birds at all, it would be devastating to us to have something like this happen to us, not to mention the thousands of $$ lost, just because someone says "it's no big deal"
old.gif

go look up speckledhens responses to things like this, others also feel the same way I do....

just because i have it doesnt mean i dont take my biosecurity seriously.im simply saying that my birds are pets and i dont sell them or fertile hatching eggs.i also wash my hands after im around my flock.im not willing to cull my whole flock just to start over and have this problem again.also in my research most of the flock owners that say they dont have it in their flocks have never been tested so they dont really no for sure.i think the smart thing for any responsible chicken owner to do is to research get all the facts then make the right decision for themselves and their flock.

Back
Top Bottom