Treating Wound on Comb of Speckled Sussex Pullet

I didnt see what happened but I surmised from the kids, my 7 year old was swinging around a butterfly net "trying to catch butterflies" aka being silly bc there a no butterflies to be seen today. She somehow clipped Buttercup, our Speckled Sussex pullet who was happily minding her own business free ranging. It's not terribly bad but she is bleeding a bit and maybe missing a tiny piece of comb. I'm worried about the other pullets trying to peck at the wound, though I haven't seen them try yet.

I had to deal with a sizeable pecking wound on a meat chicken in the past so I know to clean it with diluted hydrogen peroxide and then water since unfortunately I dont have any iodine left. I have neosporin I can use but I was wondering if "liquid bandage" or "liquid skin" would be a good option to close the wound and prevent pecking? Or should I clean it, apply neosporin and segregate her? Or clean it, apply neosporin and observe for signs of pecking? Pic of wound attached and pic of liquid skin I have. This came from my first aid kit.
I would put Neosporin on the wound before i put the liquid skin on.

Back
Top Bottom