Treating Wry Neck In Crested Duckling *EDITED TITLE*

I am cautiously optimistic, but I think she showed SLIGHT improvement this morning. Like I said earlier she has started to willingly take the vitamins from the dropper, but this morning she got a little choked up. She coughed a little bit, but seemed OK within a few minutes. She is also still eating and drinking with her buds. I have a source for pediatric liquid prednisone. I'm going to do some reading of the above thread and see if I should add it to our polyvite routine. I am very familiar with the titrating up and down, my youngest son took it often when he was little.

I am cautiously optimistic, but I think she showed SLIGHT improvement this morning. Like I said earlier she has started to willingly take the vitamins from the dropper, but this morning she got a little choked up. She coughed a little bit, but seemed OK within a few minutes. She is also still eating and drinking with her buds. I have a source for pediatric liquid prednisone. I'm going to do some reading of the above thread and see if I should add it to our polyvite routine. I am very familiar with the titrating up and down, my youngest son took it often when he was little.
Thanks for update, and slight improvement is improvement so yay!! Let us know what you decide.

When your giving her the liquid vitamins you are just putting them at the front of her bill tiny drops at a time?
Yes, I touch the dropper to her bill and she drinks it. The cough was because of the vitamins, I guess she swallowed wrong and got a bit choked. I am home now and she hasn't been coughing. I'm again being cautious...but she looks better!
wee.gif

I am getting the prednisone this evening. I am going to wait another day and if I continue to see improvement I am not going to give it to her. BUT, if she should get worse I will add it.

Yes, I touch the dropper to her bill and she drinks it. The cough was because of the vitamins, I guess she swallowed wrong and got a bit choked. I am home now and she hasn't been coughing. I'm again being cautious...but she looks better!
wee.gif

I am getting the prednisone this evening. I am going to wait another day and if I continue to see improvement I am not going to give it to her. BUT, if she should get worse I will add it.
Awesome news!!
highfive.gif
Glad to have the prednisone hope you don't have to use it.

Don't forget pics they grow so fast and we need to see.
smile.png

Holy COW!!! She IS getting better. When I first got home she wasn't very active. This is right after cleaning her brooder and giving them fresh food and water. Look at that SMILE
love.gif
I am so happy I'm in TEARS right now
wee.gif

Holy COW!!! She IS getting better. When I first got home she wasn't very active. This is right after cleaning her brooder and giving them fresh food and water. Look at that SMILE
love.gif
I am so happy I'm in TEARS right now
wee.gif

Oh my gosh she really has something to be happy about.. And boy has she grown. I'm in tears with you.
hugs.gif
Happy hugs all around

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom