Treatment for possible sour crop

Crop problems can take days to weeks to resolve depending on the cause.
I'd continue the Miconazole for the full 7 days twice a day.
@Jgarza77
I lost my sweet bird too sour crop the past summer and if I had used what we call canesten here, it need not have happened my second girl was treated for seven days twice a day and she's still buzzing around.

I've ordered 4 tubes since and I'm ready for the next time

@Jgarza77
I lost my sweet bird too sour crop the past summer and if I had used what we call canesten here, it need not have happened my second girl was treated for seven days twice a day and she's still buzzing around.

I've ordered 4 tubes since and I'm ready for the next time
I'm sorry to hear about your sweet chicken 😥. It looks like Canesten is the equivalent to our monistat. I had been giving her that for about 4-5 days without much improvement; which is why we resorted to vet care. Now she's on Nystatin, a stronger antifungal, and seems to be doing great! The sour smell and boggy crop are gone, but still not emptying fully in the morning, so crop bra may be the next step

I'm sorry to hear about your sweet chicken 😥. It looks like Canesten is the equivalent to our monistat. I had been giving her that for about 4-5 days without much improvement; which is why we resorted to vet care. Now she's on Nystatin, a stronger antifungal, and seems to be doing great! The sour smell and boggy crop are gone, but still not emptying fully in the morning, so crop bra may be the next step
How long has she been given Nystatin? Maybe it needs a longer amount of time

Hopefully she will recover if it's reducing that's looking positive. I'll keep coming back I really hope you find your way through this.

Have you tried a good low fat yogurt in between medication?

How long has she been given Nystatin? Maybe it needs a longer amount of time

Hopefully she will recover if it's reducing that's looking positive. I'll keep coming back I really hope you find your way through this.

Have you tried a good low fat yogurt in between medication?
Thank you! And yes, the Nystatin is a 10 day treatment and we're on day 5 so halfway there. Been mixing it with plain Greek yogurt actually!

Update on Beaky: Halfway through the Nystatin and after a night using a homemade crop bra, I'm happy to report that her crop is emptying again! I used the bra Friday, but left it off Saturday night and this morning it was nearly flat! (She had eaten some feed by the time I got up to check her) But the squishy water balloon crop is completely gone and she's in great spirits! Thank you to all who offered advice 🥰

Attachments

• 20221120_153128.jpg
    20221120_153128.jpg
    380.7 KB · Views: 5

Back
Top Bottom