Treats for older chicks -- what do yours like?

My chickens like good stuff and bad stuff ,rice, potatoes of any kind, noodles, bananas, toast, bread, tomatoes,peas,ketchup, yogur t, pudding, jello, cool wip , cake, waffles, donats, blueberries, watermelon, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, weeds,corn, corn cobs, cheese sticks, popcorn, frys, assorted seeds, oatmeal dried or cooked, various cereal with or without marshmallows, whatever my dog is trying to eat, Apples, peanut butter, they use to eat paint of the garage until we fenced them out(no led but you know still bad), cherries, muffins, pineapple, zucchini bread, dog food, nuts, chips, crackers, goldfish crackers, bugs they find the yard, eggs, Pop Tarts, Pizza, garlic, grilled cheese, soup, cooked carrots, chicken feed, stuffing, turnovers, most green vegetation that they aren't locked out of,and many more that I can't think of, also they eat beef pork and chicken yes I know it's a little creepy that they are cannibals but they don't know that . The items mentioned were leftovers, stuff that fell out of the car open, or out of the blue that they never had before and we said I wonder if the chicken will eat this? I know are chicken sounds like small children th at are unattended with access to candy little Debbies and other bad foods for people and/or critters. and for those who are wondering yes they are all very healthy and can still walk and are able to fly or roost the way chickens do. so don't read this and be like omg .btw these items were fed to adult hens no chicks.
Lol:)

Last edited:
My chickens like good stuff and bad stuff ,rice, potatoes of any kind, noodles, bananas, toast, bread, tomatoes,peas,ketchup, yogur t, pudding, jello, cool wip , cake, waffles, donats, blueberries, watermelon, strawberry, raspberry, blackberry, weeds,corn, corn cobs, cheese sticks, popcorn, frys, assorted seeds, oatmeal dried or cooked, various cereal with or without marshmallows, whatever my dog is trying to eat, Apples, peanut butter, they use to eat paint of the garage until we fenced them out(no led but you know still bad), cherries, muffins, pineapple, zucchini bread, dog food, nuts, chips, crackers, goldfish crackers, bugs they find the yard, eggs, Pop Tarts, Pizza, garlic, grilled cheese, soup, cooked carrots, chicken feed, stuffing, turnovers, most green vegetation that they aren't locked out of,and many more that I can't think of, also they eat beef pork and chicken yes I know it's a little creepy that they are cannibals but they don't know that . The items mentioned were leftovers, stuff that fell out of the car open, or out of the blue that they never had before and we said I wonder if the chicken will eat this? I know are chicken sounds like small children th at are unattended with access to candy little Debbies and other bad foods for people and/or critters. and for those who are wondering yes they are all very healthy and can still walk and are able to fly or roost the way chickens do. so don't read this and be like omg .btw these items were fed to adult hens no chicks.
Lol:)
LMAO so basically they eat EVERYTHING!!!!

yep, r 3 big pigs! 2 more soon abby and ginger my new mutt chicks r getting fethers fast soon it will b a 5 chicken stand off over bananas!! Lol:)

If you want to see mob action, next time you make a turkey put the carcass out for them when the family is done with it. WOW looked like parranahs.
yesss.gif
Wish I had taken a video of it and I will next time. Got another good reaction when we put out the leftover pot roast that had outlived it's usefulness. And they will mob me for meal worms too ( I raise them to feed live )

oh yeah, I gave my dog a left over beef bone with a couple nice bites of meat left on it the 4 of them came all around him in attack formation!!!lol it was a battle 2 the death! (not really) he growled at them but thay could care less. 1 tryed to get it from the right why the other three 8 the left. He finally gave up , and wanted me to take it back for him.lol:)

oh yeah, I gave my dog a left over beef bone with a couple nice bites of meat left on it the 4 of them came all around him in attack formation!!!lol it was a battle 2 the death! (not really) he growled at them but thay could care less. 1 tryed to get it from the right why the other three 8 the left. He finally gave up , and wanted me to take it back for him.lol:)
Awww poor baby. Next time give the dog a bone in the house. I am glad your dog is nice around them. I just tried to get my dog-cocker spaniel- to sit nicely while I fed them. He sat nicely for about 2 full minutes and then charged
he.gif
. I don't get it, he is such a loving doggy. My chicks freaked and ran into the corner. I had to go and sit with them and coo at them to get them to calm down.

My dog is pom+ cocker spaniel so not to big not to small like 14lb. He runs them of the porch, then they peck him on the butt. Its like sibling rivalry he dont want it but he dont want they to have it. He use to eat the chicken feed, and then throw up. jealous? YES! Same thing with the chickens, thay tryed to eat his dog food.not having teeth makes it a little hard.:-\

yeah but at least he doesn't try to eat your chickens! My dog didn't want the food, he wanted them for food! He keeps trying to dig under the run door!

Back
Top Bottom