treats

meal worms? grubs? chopped broccolli florets?

What kind are they? Never met a chicken that wasn't just totally greedy!
roll.png

At the bottom of my post it tells you what kind they are, thet are 7.5 wks. They absolutely go nuts over any creepy crawly thing, They all try to steal from each other!

Last edited:
Well, I guess their idea of a treat is different from yours! They would probably love meal worms if you can get your hands on some.

Maybe this winter they will be more intersted in other treats when there is not as much yummy grass and creepy-crawlies around.

Quote:
I've noticed my hens aren't wild about celery...some will peck at it if they are really bored but if there are better treats around celery gets ignored.

7.5 weeks...yours are still pretty young...usually they get more bold about trying new things as they get older. Are you just throwing the veggies in there whole? Are you chopping them up? I bet they would try the softer things like grapes and tomatoes if you gave them little bite-sized pieces at first. Once they learn those things are food then you can throw them in there and they will attack...
lol.png

Lets see....treats my chicks and younger birds have liked.......birdseed or scratch grains, grass, leftover scrambled eggs, leftover cooked rice (they LOVE that!), etc. Younger birds seem to like smaller treats at first....they'll tackle the big stuff when they get older... and wiser
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom