Jesussaves777

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 14, 2014
i am legally acquiring some black bellied tree ducks. It will be 3 pairs and an extra male so 7 ducks total. I have a nice aviary that is 15x15 with about half of it enclosed. What is some advice for furnishing the pen? I will have 2 kiddie pools in it Any advice on houseing requirements is appreciated. Also have a pair of mandarins I will be acquiring I have an enclosed 10 x10 dog kennel. Will that be sufficient for a pair of mandarins? Could I keep them with the tree ducks? What should I put in the aviaries for them to perch on. Thanks

I'm not familiar with the tree duck breed, however 15x15 sounds like it will be a bit cramped for 7 of them. Are they going to be allowed out of the enclosure at all, or in there full time? That makes a big difference when considering space requirements. If the birds get room to roam during the day, and only need the enclosures for nighttime, you won't need as much space.

Well I just googled tree ducks, and they are tiny! Not at all what I was imagining...15x15 may be enough space after all! In other words...don't listen to me, wait for someone who knows what they're talking about! :duc

Back
Top Bottom