Jesussaves777

Chirping
5 Years
Sep 14, 2014
i am legally acquiring some black bellied tree ducks. It will be 3 pairs and an extra male so 7 ducks total. I have a nice aviary that is 15x15 with about half of it enclosed. What is some advice for furnishing the pen? I will have 2 kiddie pools in it Any advice on houseing requirements is appreciated. Also have a pair of mandarins I will be acquiring I have an enclosed 10 x10 dog kennel. Will that be sufficient for a pair of mandarins? Could I keep them with the tree ducks? What should I put in the aviaries for them to perch on. Thanks

DiYMama540

Free Ranging
Premium member
Jun 25, 2019
SW VA
My Coop
My Coop
I'm not familiar with the tree duck breed, however 15x15 sounds like it will be a bit cramped for 7 of them. Are they going to be allowed out of the enclosure at all, or in there full time? That makes a big difference when considering space requirements. If the birds get room to roam during the day, and only need the enclosures for nighttime, you won't need as much space.

DiYMama540

Free Ranging
Premium member
Jun 25, 2019
SW VA
My Coop
My Coop
Well I just googled tree ducks, and they are tiny! Not at all what I was imagining...15x15 may be enough space after all! In other words...don't listen to me, wait for someone who knows what they're talking about! :duc

Top Bottom