Tree limb in quail pen?

encoreman

Chirping
6 Years
Sep 20, 2015
On the edge, Tn.
Hi everyone, I have searched and no luck so I will ask you. I have a couple of Georgia Giant hens that seem to be getting abused, they try to stay to themselves. I have read somewhere about putting a tree limb in pen, any info as to what kind is best. I think I am understanding that you are just giving them a "safe" place so to speak. Thanks up front. Mac

Hi everyone, I have searched and no luck so I will ask you. I have a couple of Georgia Giant hens that seem to be getting abused, they try to stay to themselves. I have read somewhere about putting a tree limb in pen, any info as to what kind is best. I think I am understanding that you are just giving them a "safe" place so to speak. Thanks up front. Mac

Sounds like you have too many males in the pen with them. What's your ratio? You can put whatever plants really that you like. But just remember they will munch on them.

8 hens 2 roosters

Hello :)

Usually 1 rooster is enough to fertilize 8 hens. 2 roosters in one cage can cause constant competition which can lead to rough mating, fighting and stress for the hens as well.

It's always good to have things to break lines of sight/provide places to hide in a cage so even if they are all getting along, things can change quick and hopefully the bullied one can find cover until you can come along to seperate if needed. Logs are very nice for quail :)

You may want to consider separating the group into 2 groups with 1 male and 4 hens each, or choosing 1 male to keep with the 8 hens.

Back
Top Bottom