Tree sap gathering and syrup making

Pics
Never mind I have two questions.
What is that canvas looking stuff draped over it how is that not catching fire?
That is a welders blanket.

That is a cheap one, but it’s good for up to 1000 degrees. Wood only burns at 600-700 hundred.

I will be adding one more layer tomorrow to help hold the heat in. I only want it to escape through the syrup.

That is a welders blanket.

That is a cheap one, but it’s good for up to 1000 degrees. Wood only burns at 600-700 hundred.

I will be adding one more layer tomorrow to help hold the heat in. I only want it to escape through the syrup.
Smart.
Repeat after me.. “Ralphie is a Genius and dux are evil....”
I was going to call you a genius but you just ruined it.
So ... :tongue:tongue:tongue:tongue

I build it from scratch.

I did buy a barrel stove kit.
But I had to add an angle iron under it to support the two barrels. The kits are made for one barrel.

The the chimney piece is made to attach to the round part/ top of the barrel. I needed more room for the chaffing dishes. So I had to mount it to the back wall or bottom of the second barrel.

I added stove door gasket material to the edges of the holes that fit tightly against the pans to stop smoke from ruining the syrup.

I build it from scratch.

I did buy a barrel stove kit.
But I had to add an angle iron under it to support the two barrels. The kits are made for one barrel.

The the chimney piece is made to attach to the round part/ top of the barrel. I needed more room for the chaffing dishes. So I had to mount it to the back wall or bottom of the second barrel.

I added stove door gasket material to the edges of the holes that fit tightly against the pans to stop smoke from ruining the syrup.
I was wondering about that too if the syrup would take on the smoke flavor.
Sounds like you figured that out already :thumbsup

Back
Top Bottom