1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Trees! Fruit! Fruit Trees!

Discussion in 'Gardening' started by HensAmongCedars, Mar 19, 2016.

1. HensAmongCedars

HensAmongCedars Out Of The Brooder

Mar 13, 2016
    South Seattle
    Anyone have fruit trees? I'm trying to add some fruit trees to my yard (I'm in the rainy coastal pacific northwest). This winter I planted three types of apples (Fuji, Pink Lady, Crispin's Golden Pippen), a frost Peach and a Desert King fig tree. I also planted some large blueberry bushes that are supposed to produce this year, per the nursery. I have another tree that needs to come down in the yard (dead when we bought the house in Nov) and I am thinking of a cherry tree. Any advice on fruit trees? Anyone else want to share about their dreams of a orchard? Or, better still, about their actual orchard?

2. lazy gardener

lazy gardener Chicken Obsessed

Nov 7, 2012
    CENTRAL MAINE
    Your best bet is to contact your local country agricultural extension office. Usually connected to a local university. They can tell you what varieties grow well in your area, and hook you up with suppliers. I put in a small Back To Eden orchard last summer.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by