Tres Leches

Stacykins

Crowing
9 Years
Jan 19, 2011
Escanaba, MI
So last night I made a Tres Leches cake, two actually (normal sized one and mini one), since my mother needed something for a work party. And man, I think this is the best one I've ever made. I deviated from the traditional recipe and added some extra flair, like using coconut milk as part of the milk mixture, and also some Baileys Irish Cream in the batter (so the alcohol would get cooked out).

6 eggs (backyard happy chicken eggs turned the batter a beautiful, rich color!)
2 cups sugar (I used half splenda)
2 cups flour
1 Tbsp baking powder
pinch of salt
1 tsp vanilla extract
2/3 cup milk
Also a few shots of Baileys
big_smile.png

For the leches in the tres leches!

1 can coconut milk
1 can sweetened condensed milk
1 cup normal milk
1 shot Baileys

Whipped Cream Topping

2 cups heavy cream
1/4 cup sugar
1/2 cup shredded coconut

Preheat your oven to 350 degrees. In separate bowls, I mixed the dry ingredients and the wet ingredients for the batter, then slowly combined as I beat the mixture 'til smooth. Pour into greased 9 x 13 cake pan, and bake for 30 minutes. As that is baking, it is time to make the milk mixture (which is so easy). Just combine all the milks together and stir till homogeneous. When the cake is done (check for doneness with a toothpick), prick the cake with a skewer or fork all over, and then let it cool. Once it is cool, pour the milk mixture gently onto the cake, all of it. Pop in the refrigerator and let sit overnight. In the morning, whip up the whipped cream topping 'til spreadable, cover the cake, and then enjoy!

Back
Top Bottom