Tri-Color Ancona Drake **Pics**

Cetawin

Rest in Peace 1963-2021
11 Years
Mar 20, 2008
NW Kentucky
Well, I bought 5 ancona ducks from Holderread Waterfowl and thankfully, it is a 3/2 split. I have 2 drakes and 3 females which works out nicely for me.

Holderread has Black and white, Silver, Chocolate, Lavender, Blue and Tri-Color Anconas...it is luck of the draw on what color you get as ducklings.

I got lucky...I received 3 chocolates which turned out to be a trio. I received one Silver female (I was hoping for a lavender or blue) and what I thought was a Black and white drake...well looks like he is a tri-color. He has the most beautiful rust and copper color on his breast, a gorgeous teal on his head and back end and of course the white.

So, I tried to get pictures of his new colors coming in yesterday...he is 6 weeks old.

Onyxface.jpg

Onyxface2.jpg

Onyxmarkings2.jpg

Onyxmarkings.jpg

Onyxback.jpg

onyx2.jpg

He will be paired with my silver female, Sasha

Sasha.jpg

They have been best buds from day 1 so the fact they are drake and duck makes me thrilled.

Sashanonyx.jpg

sashanonyxbacks.jpg

Last edited:
I know absolutely nothing about ducks, but they are very pretty - I especially like the mottled bills!

Thank you chixie.

Wynette...me too and their mottled feets are adorable too

thank you streemers

Aww, in their teenage stage!
lau.gif
Is my duck a silver Ancona? I always thought she was a silver swede but her markings are identical to your ducks's!
34412_my_pets_181.jpg

34412_my_pets_157.jpg

34412_ducks_and_dewey_020.jpg

If you need more pics I can post more.

OMG she sure looks like one...the bill is mottled and the feet are marked too. She is beautiful! I think you do have a Ancona. I hope Sasha grows up to be that gorgeous.

There are also lavenders and blues I would say she is silver but I guess blue or lavender is always possible too.

This is the list of anconas they breed:

Black Ancona Ducks

Blue Ancona Ducks

Chocolate Ancona Ducks

Lavender Ancona Ducks

Silver Ancona Ducks

Tri-Colored Ancona Ducks

Here is a link to pics from Holderread where mine came from...these are geese but you can see the differences in the lavender and blue

http://holderreadfarm.com/photogallery/american_page/american_geese_page.htm

Makes me think that you and I have silvers...what do you think?

Last edited:
Thanks
smile.png
Her name is Oddball because she was such a silly looking duckling
lau.gif
I do think we have some silver Anconas!
big_smile.png
I was never quite sure on her and sometimes thought she was a mix but I am definitely thinking Ancona.. thanks so much for your help! ... my duck mystery is solved
gig.gif
I got her as a day old from the feed store so I am not sure what hatchery she came from.. somewhere from New Mexico if I remember right? You have some gorgeous duckies by the way
big_smile.png

Here is a picture of Oddball in her awkward stage.. still just fuzz! I don't seem to have pics of her a little day old though
tongue.png

34412_the_great_outdoors_026.jpg

Thanks fir the adorable pics and the link to the geese
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom