ancona genetic question

Apr 15, 2024
green bay wisconsin
Hello friends,

i usually breed my rouens and my khaki campbells. this year i was lucky enough to acquire anconas. my two drakes a chocolate. and my females are all black. ive been researching what the possible outcomes could be. as my ideal situation is to sell them at our 4h swaps to raise money for the kids. from my understanding either they will be black or they will be lavender. is this correct?

thank you

Hello friends,

i usually breed my rouens and my khaki campbells. this year i was lucky enough to acquire anconas. my two drakes a chocolate. and my females are all black. ive been researching what the possible outcomes could be. as my ideal situation is to sell them at our 4h swaps to raise money for the kids. from my understanding either they will be black or they will be lavender. is this correct?

thank you
If your boys are chocolate Anconas and your girls are black Anconas, you will get babies which are either chocolate or black. And, they will be sex-linked! All of the girls will be chocolate and all of the boys will be black. Lavender is chocolate with the addition of blue, it is much lighter than chocolate. You do not have blue or your parent ducks would be blue or lavender. This is my lavender Swedish x Khaki cross.
IMG_3314.jpeg

Back
Top Bottom