Tri-Color Buttons..

Quote:
Alkane,

I do special orders, if you have a certain color you after I try my best to collect from those pairs only. I keep my birds in pairs but sell eggs in assortment. My guys breed true for the most part but some colors pop up here and there...tough little birdies.

Oh and for the other folks wondering about my "trained" button...This little guy is "trying" to get one of the taken ladies..I found him pulling out from the ground a worm the size of him and then he went inside the breeder room to show everyone what he got
lau.gif

I wish I had a camera handy, this boy was silly!

Quote:
To the best of my knowledge you cannot be guaranteed a specific color with Button quail eggs because of the diverse colors in their backgrounds . So even if you have a pair of the same VISIBLE color, you may still end up with any # of other colors from their eggs as there are all kinds of NOT visible coloring in their genetics.
QL's website is Stellargamebirds..is this the site you went to ? it's under her username ...

edited to say ...guess i was wrong again...sorry! LOL

Last edited:
Quote:
To the best of my knowledge you cannot be guaranteed a specific color with Button quail eggs because of the diverse colors in their backgrounds . So even if you have a pair of the same VISIBLE color, you may still end up with any # of other colors from their eggs as there are all kinds of NOT visible coloring in their genetics.
QL's website is Stellargamebirds..is this the site you went to ? it's under her username ...

edited to say ...guess i was wrong again...sorry! LOL

It is true that the backgrounds are so mixed that it is hard to pin point what will come out but over time with pairs, you get more of what you want, rather than the oddballs
smile.png

The only reason buttons produce so many colors from a single color is that they have not been bred for color lines. If you breed a color of any animal for enough generations while culling out any that produce too many other colors you can get down to producing all or mostly the same color. Only the colors that require a mix of certain colors and make another color in their homozygous versus heterozygous state would always produce at least a 2nd color no matter how many generations you bred.

Back
Top Bottom