Tricking an adoption of ducklings?

nao57

Crowing
Mar 28, 2020
So I've been wondering, when you see a duck that's a hen off by itself sitting where she would normally have eggs, does that mean she wants to be broody? And how do you make sure?

And if she is does that mean I could trick her into adopting some 3 day old ducklings? And how do you make sure she won't try to kill or eat them? Will they take ducklings that aren't theirs? How do you work this out and make it happen?

So I've been wondering, when you see a duck that's a hen off by itself sitting where she would normally have eggs, does that mean she wants to be broody? And how do you make sure?

And if she is does that mean I could trick her into adopting some 3 day old ducklings? And how do you make sure she won't try to kill or eat them? Will they take ducklings that aren't theirs? How do you work this out and make it happen?
if they have a nest of eggs and are sitting on them almost all the time, they are broody

i believe 1 day old babies would be best. just put them under her and she will accept them. just watch closely for a little bit to be sure.

if they have a nest of eggs and are sitting on them almost all the time, they are broody

i believe 1 day old babies would be best. just put them under her and she will accept them. just watch closely for a little bit to be sure.

This sounds fun to try.

Back
Top Bottom