Trickyphish's Intro

trickyphish

Hatching
7 Years
May 12, 2012
Hello All,

Here's my intro:
(1) Are you new to chickens / when did you first get chickens?
I'm brand new to chickens. We started with 6 peeps (Amber Sex Links) that we bought at Tractor Supply in Clarion PA. We got them around Easter time. My son & I then attended ChickenFest @ Tractor Supply and we picked up 5 more.

(2) How many chickens do you have right now?
11 total chickens, & they are so cool.

(3) What breeds do you have?
6 Amber Sex Links
1 Blue Cochin
1 White Silkie
1 Easter Egger
1 Olive Egger
1 Red Production

(4) How did you find out about BackYardChickens.com?
I found this site when I started researching what I got myself into and needed to make sure I was doing the "right" stuff. I find myself here quite often; usually researching: Coop's / Health / Treats / Breeds, etc.

(5) What are some of your other hobbies?
We bought this house about 5 years ago and have remodeled it. We have a barn and several out buildings. They are all in need of some updating / facelifts, and these things are my hobbies. We also enjoy hunting / fishing / camping and just about anything outdoors. I consider myself a "jack of all trades" and a master of none. I love to tinker and re-cycle / re-use just about anything!

(6) Tell us about your family, your other pets, your occupation, or anything else you'd like to share.
My Wife and I have been married for 17 years. Our oldest is 16 and she's starting to drive (Yikes!), and our son is 8 and is full of adventure. We have a Chocolate Lab, Karma & 3 cats Molly, Pete & Nacho. My wife & daughter are animal lovers to the core, so the thought of possibly eating these chickens later in life is very unappealing to them. I think these birds are awesome too, but..... I do intend to use them for both eggs and meat. Time will tell.

WelcometoBYC.gif

Hello and :welcome

Glad things have been going well for you so far on the chicken front.
We use our chickens for eggs, and don't think we could bring ourselves to eat them, as they have names and everything. :p Oh well, good luck whichever direction you decide to go in.

Don't hesitate to ask any questions you might have, and enjoy the site. :D

Back
Top Bottom