trio- quad sized cages

This is 3, 4x6 pens that I put trios in....

I plan on building a few more like this one before the spring. I keep all the hens in the big coop you see in the back-ground and use this coop as my rooster condo when I'm not breeding anything. It's been working out real good for me!

My boys waiting on their girls!

Chris

you don't state where you live.. Location is a big factor in how large of a coop your chickens will need because of prolonged flooding/ snow/ice/below freezing temps-- they may choose to stay in and not spend as much time outside in the elements.. If they will spend any more time in the coop OTHER than sleeping and laying eggs it needs to be larger than the 'suggested' sq ft.. which is 4sq ft per standard size and 3 sq ft per bantam birds...Build it as large as you can afford...

i live in Australia in a temperate-subtropical climate, i already have an existing flock so its not like im starting a new, and Lagshangs will only be sleeping and when they get older nesting in there and they will a a run out into the field until there big enough to join the older flock.

Back
Top Bottom