Triple yolk...SMH

Pics

gimmie birdies

Enabler
Premium Feather Member
11 Years
Feb 12, 2013
Eastern WA
I set some egg a couple days ago and I knew this one was a double yolked egg...
01s.PNG

below is a pic of the egg...candled... I saw 2 yolks at this time...
01l.PNG

I candled today, this is not a full day 3, but I had it with other eggs, I questioned if this one was fertile, I still don't know that, but as I was candling to see if it was fertile, I saw the yolks are least darker..(more pics soon hubby is in room where eggs are developing...shh!) I was turning the egg to see the 2 yolks and saw a 3rd one. I know as far as doubles most don't even make it to day 10. So this one I am not holding my breath on, but if it does develop I will get an eggtopsy photo of 3 yolks later. If it is not fertile, then I will get a triple yolk photo out of it.

(Egg is from a local farm, not from my coop.)

day4-5ish (yes it is many pic but I have been wanting to monitor my egg. I want all yolks to develop.)
Here is the egg along side a regular egg...
full.PNG

This is about actual size...

Below is one embryo developing it has taken alot of egg space, Strangely
fulb.PNG

I can see the other yolks but I cannot see more embryos, I thought yesterday I saw at least 2 developing. Now I just see the one, I wonder if the other yolks didn't get fertilized, or if the egg is so large that I cannot see the other embryos, Also if only one did get fertile, what will happen to the other yolks... I am guessing they my kill off this embryo, but it will be worth an eggtopsy. On the up side one embryo would have more room, but is it going to make it a mushy chick? I guess we will find out...
here is the back side of the egg...
fulla.PNG

nothing going on with that yolk.

below is the second regular egg candled...that went in at the same time the one below is one of my chickens eggs.
ful.PNG

Back
Top Bottom