Tropical fish experts - what kind of fish...

Definitely the corydoras. If the eggs don't make it through tonight they will probably spawn again. Be ready with the divider next time so no fish can eat them. I beleive it takes something like 48 hours for them to hatch. If the eggs turn white they have fungus and were unfertile or died.

Quote:
Thanks for that info. Yeah, we'll pick up something in town tomorrow. Just wasn't expecting this. We were just hoping the corys would live a little longer. Didn't expect mating.

Yep.. the Corydoras are frisky and happy, it seems
tongue.png

Mine plaster eggs all over the plants and glass about once a month or so... with barometric pressure changes and sometimes, just a cool water change.

It takes 4 days for the eggs to hatch ..and it's best if they are near the filter in/out take, for water movement ...or near a bubbler.

Unfortunately, your other fish will find that the spontaneous buffet of caviar is quite tasty and you will lose most, if not all, to their frenzy of gorging themselves. Even the Cories will eat some
hmm.png

However, I have had two babies survive all odds and hatch, hide and thrive long enough to grow bigger than hungry mouths ...so it isn't entirely impossible. In fact, I'm expecting to see a little one or two in the next week or so... as there were LOTS of eggs plastered all over the glass a few nights ago.
wink.png

Good luck with your little ones!
smile.png

Last edited:
sounds like am a little late you have ur question answer already. but I figured I post a pic of my old indoor tank / mini pond for ya , this is what u need in ur house

15149_dsc03910.jpg
[/img]

Quote:
Because we didn't really have problems the first year. In fact we didn't lose any fish the first year. In the second year and again this year we've lost quite a few of the fish. My SO just shrugs and says fish get old and die, but every tank I had before this one my fish lived a long time. I had a heck of a time trying to get the Ph up to 7 to use it as a community tank. Best I can do is about 6.6 and that's only after additives. Our water here sucks.
DaKid, that tank is awesome. Thanks for sharing that pic. We'll look in town tomorrow and see what we can find. At least be ready in case the corys decide to surprise me again.

gritsar
I had a heck of a time trying to get the Ph up to 7 to use it as a community tank. Best I can do is about 6.6 and that's only after additives.

the best think for a higher ph is plan o baking soda this will bring the PH up to 7 that is what I use for my koi , if u need more like 6.5 the I use to add more live plants and no baking soda or U can buy the stuff to lower it but for a commuity tank 7 ph is good

THANK YOU , that tank or should I say mini pond was build by me it was 300 plus gallons for my fancy goldfish , I also had a 6000 gallon outside pond for my 60 PLUS Koi and also a mini deck pond OF 250 gallon for the wife'S goldfish all this was at my old place 2 yrs ago .I now have them in the garage at the new HOUSE in two 2500 gallon pools set-up in the big barn and garage
(water changes are a pain for now but this coming summer I will build the new outside pond -n- this winter or should I say now I'm starting to design and build one of the new in door mini ponds )

until I rebuild the new outside 20,000 gallon pond for the large koi and the 2 new indoor mini ponds in our new home in our finish basement -one for the fancygold fish 300 gallons plus and a commuity
pond for a varity of fish not sure what size or gallons yet .

Glad you like it , I love it alway was in front of it just looking while I was in doors

Al.​

I wish I had your problem as here we have HARD, basic water. CAn't get it to 7, try 8 or worse.......any suggestions outside of importing water.

Back
Top Bottom