Tropical fish experts - what kind of fish...

gritsar

Cows, Chooks & Impys - OH MY!
14 Years
Nov 9, 2007
SW Arkansas
lays tiny pearl-like eggs on the glass of the aquarium?
We were thinking about dismantaling the tank, a 29 gal., because we've had all kinds of problems keeping the water suitable for them.

The fish that are in there are all several years old. We have left a blue gourami (female), 3 neons, 3 red eye tetras, and 3 cory cats. Since the cats are most active I'm blaming them unless someone tells me different.

sounds like cory cat to me.....I've had them for years (decades) and have never been that lucky......I'm jealous.

Yep, I just did some quick searching on the net. It really looks like it's the cory cat. Apparently I have two males and a female (the largest) one.
We were just this morning talking about how they always seem to be playing Choo-Choo, with her in the lead and the other two following close behind. Little did we know.
gig.gif

They're my favorites, so I hope the others don't eat their eggs.
Thanks y'all!

gritstar, corydoras do lay in this fashion, blue gourami is an egg layer but the male builds a bubble nest, the neon tetra are very very difficult to breed and the red-eye are egg scatterers, So 99.9% it is the Cory,
lol.png

Yup, it's your corydoras. They're fun, and it is not entirely impossible that you might get surviving babies out of the eggs if you have lots of vegetation and places to hide. I've bred panda corydoras in a community tank before. A lot of times it is brought on by a big water change or change in temperature.

Have fun
smile.png

Pat

How long do the eggs take to hatch?
We'll be going to town tomorrow so I'll look at options for seperating the eggs.

Back
Top Bottom