Trouble breathing help!!!

Angelpoo

Chirping
7 Years
Oct 26, 2012
My chickens are my pets. My chicken lavender who is... Well a lavender, is having trouble breathing. She has her neck stretched out and is gasping for air. I love her so much and would die if anything happened to her... There isn't really much mucus.... Tiny tiny bit but not really. I'm not sure if she's wheezing or if she's trying to peep but can't cuz she's fighting for air. She rarely makes any noise now.... It's just so sad and I want to try and help her. I can't stand seeing my baby suffer pls help!!!!

Oh honey, I'm so sorry. It sounds like she's really having a hard time breathing. Do you hear any sounds when you listen up close? Can you see anything in her throat? Check out "gape worm" as a possibility. Separate her from the others. If it was one of my girls and she was really struggling like that, I would most likely have her put down immediately. I wish you the very best in making the best decision for you and your girl

I watched a video on gapeworm.... I think that's what it is. She's had it for a week though and none of my other chickens are reacting at all... I just don't know if its worth her being in pain. I don't know about separating her... She seems to want to be with her mommy. What are treatments pls help!!!! My baby might only have a little while left!

I watched a video on gapeworm.... I think that's what it is. She's had it for a week though and none of my other chickens are reacting at all... I just don't know if its worth her being in pain. I don't know about separating her... She seems to want to be with her mommy. What are treatments pls help!!!! My baby might only have a little while left!

its not gape worm after all... it was pneamonia

got her in the house to stay warm was giving her crushed garlic and peppermint and calcium and vitamin C and her breathing is almost back to normal.. :) so happy that my baby is ok

Never give up hope

sincerely,
BeautifulJade

Back
Top Bottom