trouble breathing

luckybutterfly

Hatching
6 Years
Nov 15, 2013
I had a flock of 5 chickens for over 2 years, doing great. Went out 4 days ago and found one dead. No symptoms the day before. Now today I went out and one is having trouble breathing. standing not moving much. I read through a bunch of thread on this site, and thought it was impacted crop, as my grandkids were here 3 days before the death and were feeding them grass and weeds. I didn't know long stringing grasses could get caught in crop. So I massaged her crop several times throughout the day, but nothing came out, and gave her eye droppers of water with baking soda. she still died a few minutes ago. does this usually result in death this quickly? and is there more I can do? The other 3 seem to be doing ok, am watching closely, they are eating and drinking right now.

I'm sorry to hear that.

No, that doesn't sound like a crop problem. The weeds may have had chemicals on them, however. This sounds dangerous, I hope some one else can tell you what it may be. Is it hot there?

Yes, it is hot here, high 80's, but they have lots of water and shade. The other 3 are ok so far, I keep checking often.

Back
Top Bottom