Trouble pooping after prolapse

amanda1

Songster
6 Years
Aug 5, 2015
My hen had a prolapse last week, and finally after nursing her, on Tuesday, it went back in. It still had a thick scabby thing stuck to part of what was hanging out, but since it went back in by itself, I left it alone. She looks good from the outside, clean bum, no noticeable swelling. Today I watched her poop and it has me concerned. The poop was only coming out the right side of her vent, not the center. She struggled with it and it took a couple pushes to come out. Could she have some sort of blockage from that scab? Or, damaged tissue? Is there something I could do to correct it if things aren’t in place properly?

Did the scab come off or did it go back inside?
I don't know of anything you can do to correct it if all the tissue from the prolapse has gone back inside.
Yes, some of the scabby thing come off, but it was obvious the rest wasn’t ready to come off yet, and it did go inside. She seems fine on the outside, but I do worry because I know they are good at hiding issues. She hasn’t laid again, yet, either. I’m hoping her body takes a good break from that.

Back
Top Bottom