Trouble posting photos

Discussion in 'Announcements, Feedback, Issues, & Guides' started by CapricornFarm, Oct 10, 2018.

Tags:
  1. RookieChickyMom

RookieChickyMom Chirping

Aug 2, 2018
    Orange County, CA
    I have a similar, or maybe the same problem? Mine let's me select the picture I want to insert but when I try to upload them it closes out the app and gives the the option to "close app" or "report" and to fix it I usually restart my device and go straight to byc to upload. Works most times

drumstick diva and CapricornFarm like this.
  2. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

Ok, this is a good thing to differentiate! Which device, browser, app, etc. are those of you having problems using?

drumstick diva and CapricornFarm like this.
  3. CapricornFarm

CapricornFarm Chicken Tender

Feb 1, 2010
    Southern Virginia
    I usually write something, press to add a photo, pick out the file, and when i go back to chose the size, the file doesn't appear. If i post the picture first, its a bit better but not reliable.

drumstick diva likes this.
  4. Granny Hatchet

Granny Hatchet Tastes like chicken

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Mine just says error loading. Been like that a long time. I just post them to FB now and copy/paste them here

5. Nifty-Chicken

Nifty-Chicken Administrator

I'd definitely like to get to the bottom of this.

I don't believe this is happening to all members, so I'd like to isolate which members is happening to you and why.

If y'all can help me duplicate the problem, we can probably fix it. But I need to know which systems you're using, like which browser and version, and then the steps taken to duplicate the problem.

For example, are you using the app or Chrome or Safari or Firefox, on your phone or desktop, which buttons or links are you clicking, excetera?

I'm using Google Chrome on my phone, and clicking the upload a file button under the text editor.

Here's a picture of some kittens:

IMG_20180915_141619.jpg

6. CCUK

CCUK Free Flying

Jan 21, 2018
    North Notts, UK
    My Coop
    I had this problem a while ago. The app would close when I tried to upload a picture. I cleared some pictures from my phone and it seemed to work better. It does still happen on occasion but not often. I also had a problem with an article that didn't put any of my uploaded pics on so I had to reupload most of them again.

drumstick diva and Texas Kiki like this.
  7. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    @CapricornFarm THIS.
    Have you tried to clean up your phone yet?
    If I'm remembering correctly last time your phone was full/no room left and once you removed some things it worked better. I'll look for those posts now.

Chickencountryuk likes this.
  8. Granny Hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Nifty, I have chrome and windows 10 laptop. It dont matter if I try upload a file or the picture icon it says error loading I am trying to load directly from my camera. And this time it made me out a lier. It uploaded from my files. I guess it just the camera it wont. 100_2195.JPG

9. Granny Hatchet

Sep 26, 2013
    madison Indiana
    Just tried loading the same picture same way to my thread and got this.
    The following error occurred
    There was a problem uploading your file.

100_1944.JPG

10. Texas Kiki

Texas Kiki Egg Pusher

Jul 31, 2015
    Houston, TX
    My Coop
    The connection to your camera is probably timing out. Load the pics from your camera to your computer first, then upload them to BYC.

casportpony likes this.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by: