Trouble with a broody hen

lukewride

In the Brooder
10 Years
Mar 27, 2009
England
Hello!!

My hen is sitting on 6 eggs 9 days into incubation but she keeps either accidently or purposly knocking eggs out of ther nest box. I've come home from work on 2 occasions and the same egg has been kicked out twice.. and the 2nd time i put it back under her at the back..

its all ver confusing..

has anyone else had this problem before?

and also, if the eggs are cold to touch does that mean they are dead?
I've always put them back under her in the hope that they're fine..

anyway, any help appreciated!!

Luke

i have candled the ones shes kicked out and they werent dark like a few of the others. thats amazing..

i diddent believe my mum when she said that.. i'll have rto apoligise to her lol...

thanks

welcome-byc.gif
from Sweet Home Alabama. Our feathered friends are totally amazing and just shows you the hens knows what she is doing. Now this hen is probabley thinking "what is wrong with you."
lau.gif
Sorry I couldn't help that one.
gig.gif
I myself have placed a egg back under the hen so don't feel like you are the only one.

Now tell you mom so she can get her "I told you so's out of the way."
lau.gif
Good luck with the rest of the hatch!

If you didn't see the dark shapes in the bad egg that means there is no chick growing inside. And if it's cold that means there is no chick too. That is amazing how the hen can pick out the bad ones.

Its amazing... i've been trying to work it out all day. the body heat theory makes sence.

It takes me 2 attempts and 2 torches to work out what the hells going on in there and she knew all along..

thanks for the help!

Wow, I wondered that.....I have been accusing my 4 yr old daughter & 2 yr old son of getting in there and disturbing her eggs!! LOL I bet it was never even them!!!

Learn something new every day
smile.png

Back
Top Bottom