Trouble with quail rails. Need help

jwatts

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
I just recently got 6 brand new quail rails for my brand new hova bator egg turner. I carefully took the egg trays off and put the quail trays on. Everything went fine but it seems my turner only goes level and turns VERY steep only one way. Its to the point where it has dented a few eggs. Has anyone had this problem?? What can i do to fix this? Will the dented eggs still be ok? There not leaking..

i have the same racks and bator, only thing i can think of is you put them in the wrong slots. i start on the side opposide the turner motor, and put the first rack in in the last spot.

sorry, not calling you dumb or anything, but thast really all i can think of.

I have the same setup too and havent had a problem. I just looked at mine and I noticed the 2 middle racks on the motor side looked like if the cotter pin could be catching on the little round knob things on the outside of the turning arm. Like mibotsu a pic of the motor and a top view or side view of the arm might help. As for dented eggs I think they might be ok, some people say wax can help seal it but i dont know for sure either.

I had the same problem, I contacted the mfg. They suggested I just hadn't snapped the racks far enough into the sides. They used to have a white sleeve that held the racks into place. My eggs actually fell out and fell inbetween the racks.

They were right. Push the racks in tighter, I didn't have a problem afterwards.

Good luck.

Deb

Put this in a while ago never showed up .I have had that same problem with Jumbo Brn &A&M COT eggs Esp the bigger ones .My turner is LG so the big ones that are a problem I just leave them out there usually Double-Yokers anyway...cva34

I just checked it a little while ago and it seems to be going the other way now. I will have to see tomm. if it is going way the other way.. I did however push and pull and tweak after i put this post up, maybe i didn't have something settled in right. To the best of my knowledge i put the racks in just like my regular egg trays were in.

The trays are going too steep again, guess ill try the manufacturer

Back
Top Bottom