Trouble with quail rails.. Need help

jwatts

Songster
8 Years
Apr 16, 2011
I just recently got 6 brand new quail rails for my brand new hova bator egg turner. I carefully took the egg trays off and put the quail trays on. Everything went fine but it seems my turner only goes level and turns VERY steep only one way. Its to the point where it has dented a few eggs. Has anyone had this problem?? What can i do to fix this? Will the dented eggs still be ok? There not leaking..

I have some Jumbo Brn and A&M COT eggs that just too big to work in my turner too .Mine's a LG.I just leave the big ones out ther generally Double-yokers anyway...cva34

Not sure but it looks like the arm on the motor was in the wrong position when the rails were put on.. i have never seen this happen before so im not sure exatly what the problem is .. as for the bigger eggs i have some cots that lay really big eggs but have never had any problems as long as the turner is working like it should..

Not sure but it looks like the arm on the motor was in the wrong position when the rails were put on.. i have never seen this happen before so im not sure exatly what the problem is .. as for the bigger eggs i have some cots that lay really big eggs but have never had any problems as long as the turner is working like it should..
x2 on the arm being in the wrong position. Try taking the rails out while it is tipped flat & putting them back in slightly tilted to the side they HAVE NOT been tilting to. See if this solves the problem.

x2 on the arm being in the wrong position. Try taking the rails out while it is tipped flat & putting them back in slightly tilted to the side they HAVE NOT been tilting to. See if this solves the problem.
Ill try but you haved me stumped on the "tipped flat" Lol

Ill try but you haved me stumped on the "tipped flat" Lol
You said that when it turns 1 way it is "level" and when it turns the other way it almost tips the eggs off because it is going too far. When it is up in that "level" position, take the rails out & tip them 1 notch the opposite way from where they are tipping too far.

Did I explain better this time? LOL

Last edited:
Great this time.Lol I just notice dit might be working fine now. I did go on the website and seen that there were certain holes to locate in. I printed the page then went to look and i did have them in corectly, Maybe just not snapped in good enough, Looks like its doin good now. Thank you

Back
Top Bottom