Troubleshoot my chicken

View attachment 2655516

The Chick starter is MannaPro as well with Amprolium.
Feed bag looks like 'scratch grains', low protein and nutrition,
and not meant to be the main diet.

Amprolium is a coccidiostat, not a wormer.
Won't hurt them and has more nutrition but you'll have to supply some kind of calcium, like oyster shells, for the active layers.
Many of us feed a 'starter' or 'all flock' type feed(18-20% protein, 1-2% calcium) to our flocks with a separate feeder of oyster shell.

Feed bag looks like 'scratch grains', low protein and nutrition,
and not meant to be the main diet.

Amprolium is a coccidiostat, not a wormer.
Won't hurt them and has more nutrition but you'll have to supply some kind of calcium, like oyster shells, for the active layers.
Many of us feed a 'starter' or 'all flock' type feed(18-20% protein, 1-2% calcium) to our flocks with a separate feeder of oyster shell.
Yes, I got the scratch grains as supplemental feed. They're free to roam a 1/2 acre from the moment we let them out until they decide to put themselves in the coop.
I do think I will change the supplemental feed to the started feed though. Not really happy with the mixed grains.

I put safeguard in her water this morning. She seems to be perking up. As I understand they're more susceptible to worms until they reach 4 months. So, I will add that to the others water as well. They're maybe only 2 months old.

I put safeguard in her water this morning. She seems to be perking up. As I understand they're more susceptible to worms until they reach 4 months. So, I will add that to the others water as well. They're maybe only 2 months old.
Not sure why you think they need worming.
And I don't think safeguard can be applied in the water.
Might want to make new thread about that, or at least search it out.

Not sure why you think they need worming.
And I don't think safeguard can be applied in the water.
Might want to make new thread about that, or at least search it out.
I think that because I searched it out. The other three seem fine but she had symptoms that indicated she could have worms: loss of appetite and listlessness. And I'm fairly positive I found a tapeworm in a stool from last night.
Multiple articles mentioned that some chicken keepers give dewormer twice a year as a precaution. And the recommendation is to add one to two pea sized drops to their drinking water.
So, I figured it couldn't hurt.

Back
Top Bottom