True Ameraucana: How many wks old to lay eggs?

Mine are 30 weeks and have yet to lay.... My little black one has been seen in the nest tho. I expect it might be soon! :D

My four pullets are 31 weeks today. Two began laying at 25 weeks or so, and have continued. Still waiting on a black (but she needs the nutrients for herself as she has a crossbeak) and my favourite blue. The blue looks very healthy, has a deep pink comb, and is quite vigorous. I am surprised she wasn't the first to lay but I'm starting to be concerned about the late maturity.

My ameraucanas are 39 weeks old and still are not laying!!! Grr!!! I guess I'll have to just wait until spring :(

I have really luck with my blacks from Clif and Linda Redden from KS they are f

Rom 20 to 26 weeks .Also Paul smith are great layers but his wheaten s are laying every day from 19 and half weeks.

My americaunas were born on june 8th and are now 4.5 months old. They have free range of our huge back yard and they are getting big! I also have a silkie pulley and a silkie cockerel who has been trying to do his "chicken dance" in front of the americaunas. Im excitedly and patiently waiting for one of them to lay eggs. I was told many different things as to when they will start...5 months, 30 weeks, etc. is there a certain behavior i should watch for that tells me that they want to lay and do the eggs have to be unfertilized in order to eat them? This is my first time owning chickens.

I have just 1 Ameraucana hen that just started laying. She is little over 22 wks old.got her from Murray McMurray's with my meat chicks as a special. She has laid 2 white eggs & my husband insists they are duck eggs but I told him no. Our ducks have been laying for a while & are much, much bigger. I'm hoping the color of the shells change but am planning on getting more chicks this spring. I'm up to 18 laying hen so what's a couple more LOL! We also have 4 ducks - 2 Pekins & 2 Khaki's plus 1 Khaki drake.

I have just 1 Ameraucana hen that just started laying. She is little over 22 wks old.got her from Murray McMurray's with my meat chicks as a special. She has laid 2 white eggs & my husband insists they are duck eggs but I told him no. Our ducks have been laying for a while & are much, much bigger. I'm hoping the color of the shells change but am planning on getting more chicks this spring.  I'm up to 18 laying hen so what's a couple more LOL!  We also have 4 ducks - 2 Pekins & 2 Khaki's plus 1 Khaki drake.

Mine are a mint green kind of color. Not sure if mine are true ameraucanas but from what i read that is the color they usually are. Mine also started laying around that age.

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom